The benefits of standardisation include:
- reduced unwarranted variation in quality between sites.
- improved access to local services offering a greater range of sub-specialities that may otherwise not be sustainable.
- improved equity of access to services across the NHS.
- improved efficiency and reduced duplication.
- a standard model of development and progression for each staff group which will help achieve stability and improve quality of care.
- easier and more effective peer and safety reviews.